Snap a photo of your child, upload to our Imagine Toy's Facebook Page, and you may be the lucky Fan of the Week!
Facebook Photos and YOU
1. Halloween Costume Photos
Between now and October 31, upload a photo (one per child) of your little person in a Halloween costume. Fans will vote for their favorite on October 31.
2. Random Acts of Playfulness Photos
Upload a photo of your child playing. You might be selected as the Fan of the Week! We'll use your photo for our Facebook profile photo in the upper left-hand corner.
How to Take Better Photos of Your Kids
My photo philosophy is to take a million pictures and hope I get a few good shots. Yet, I've recently realized that I still need to improve my composition, no matter how many photos I take. Here's what I've been learning about taking photos of kids. I think it's helping me. See if it helps you, too.
1. Get close. Zoom into the face or eyes.
2. Get up high, on their level, or below. In other words, try a different angle – like taking a photo from up above with your child looking up.
3. Skip the flash. Flashes wash out the color. Turn it off. Forever.
4. Pay attention to the background. Messy house? (Me, too.) Pick up whatever is in the background and your photo will look 100 times better.
5. Take pictures of daily moments, not posed smiles.
6. Small depth of field. This means the background is blurry, out of focus but your child is in focus.
Now, go forth and shoot beautiful photos.
Don't forget to upload one to Imagine Toy's Facebook Page! We can't wait to hear from you.